Fees (Please note that the fees listed are for your reference only. The final course fee may vary.)
|Name||Fee (Excludes GST)||Fee (Includes GST)|
|Course Fee (Before Funding)||$ 821.75||$ 879.27|
|Course Fee (After 80% funding from VCF)||$ 164.35||$ 175.85|
This workshop is designed to equip HR professionals with the skill sets and a structured approach to engage with business leaders on matters related to business priorities and translating that into HR focus areas and practices. The skills, knowledge and competencies learnt from this workshop, if well applied, will position learners as a strategic partner who can help drive business success by effectively translating business priorities into HR strategies.
By attending this programme, participants will improve their ability to understand the business planning process. They will learn the techniques of reading a business strategy and translating that into effective HR practices. This programme will also help participants gain confidence in engaging business leaders in discussions about their business needs, and then taking the conversation back to HR team members to create a HR strategy that is aligned to and supports the business to be successful.
- Understanding how HR has evolved to keep pace with business
- The Challenges of Running a Business – Getting into the shoes of our key stakeholders
- Case Study 1 – A Typical Business Strategy
- Application Exercise – Picking up HR Opportunities
- Application Exercise: Translating HR Opportunities into HR Practices
- Application Exercise: Managing the HR-Business Alignment
- Case Study 2 – Conversation with the Business Leader
- Application Exercise: Where are the HR Opportunities?
- Application Exercise – Matching HR Practices with Business Pain Points
- Application Exercise – Managing Stakeholders
HR professionals, including HR managers, Learning and Development managers who are required to recruit, develop and retain talents in their organisations.
Learners are assumed to possess an English Language (speaking, reading, writing and listening) proficiency level equivalent to GCE ‘O’ level or Employability Skills System Workplace Literacy (WPL) Level 6.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Understand the business planning process and the creation of a business strategy
2. What do businesses expect from HR
3. Be familiar with the various HR Centres of Excellence that can be called upon to support business success
4. How a business strategy can be translated into Learning & Development needs
5. How a business strategy can be translated into Talent Acquisition Needs
6. How a business strategy can be translated into Compensation & Benefit needs
7. How a business strategy can be translated into Organization Development needs
8. Engaging the business in a HR conversation
Learners who meet the attendance criteria will be awarded with an electronic Certificate of Attendance from SSI. You will receive an email notification when your e-Cert is ready for download in your NCSS e-Services account.
E-mode of delivery:
• Learners will receive online access to courseware instead of printed materials
• Learners will complete an online course evaluation and receive e-certificate
Applicable for registered charities and IPCs. Please refer to www.charities.gov.sg to check your eligibility.
Mr Kwok Hoe Choy is among a select core of hands-on consultants with close to 30 years of practical practitioner experience in leading, designing and implementing learning solutions, talent development programs, organisation branding & employee engagement initiatives for corporations across Asia. Having trained thousands of professionals, managers and senior leaders across different cultures, he is now dedicated to designing solutions for companies seeking to improve organisation effectiveness. Building on his experience as a certified instructional designer, he has customised HR solutions for many clients with exceptionally positive results.