Fees (Please note that the fees listed are for your reference only. The final course fee may vary.)
|Name||Fee (Excludes GST)||Fee (Includes GST)|
|Course Fee (Before Funding)||$ 821.75||$ 879.27|
|Course Fee (After 80% funding from VCF)||$ 164.35||$ 175.85|
This workshop aims to help participants understand the forces that gave rise to competency-based HR Management, and the critical gaps that this approach has filled in HR practices. Participants will also be shown the steps in building a competency model, how competency models can be used in recruitment, performance management, capability assessment, talent development and the development of company values and culture.
By attending this programme, participants will improve their ability to effectively recruit, assess and develop talents. This will help companies attract the right talent into the organization; improve capability assessment for rewards and recognition, and increase employee engagement & retention with a comprehensive development methodology.
1. Understanding competencies and competency models
2. Advantages of using competency models
3. Case Study – Understanding Functional vs Behavioural Competencies in Building a Competency Model
4. Application Exercise – Building a Competency Model for a Social Service Professional and understanding competency differences for individual contributor, people manager and senior leader
5. Application Exercise: Integrating competency-based techniques into recruitment and selection practices – Asking the right questions and seeking the right answers
6. Application Exercise: Incorporating competencies into performance management – Appraising performance using competency approach
7. Application Exercise: Use of competencies in talent assessment and development
8. Use of competencies in career planning, feedback and coaching
9. Using competencies to build a learning & development strategy
10. How competencies can help in organization development
HR professionals, including HR managers, Learning and Development managers who are required to recruit, develop and retain talents in their organisations.
Learners are assumed to possess an English Language (speaking, reading, writing and listening) proficiency level equivalent to GCE ‘O’ level or Employability Skills System Workplace Literacy (WPL) Level 6.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand definition of a competency and the creation of competency models
- Be familiar with standard competencies and competency models in the market
- How to use concept of competencies and competency models to improve organisation effectiveness
- Using competency-based techniques for effective selection & recruitment
- Use competency models to deliver effective performance appraisals, feedback and coaching
- Conduct competency-based talent assessment and talent development for greater employee engagement & retention
Learners who meet the attendance criteria will be awarded with an electronic Certificate of Attendance from SSI. You will receive an email notification when your e-Cert is ready for download in your NCSS e-Services account.
Applicable for registered charities and IPCs. Please refer to www.charities.gov.sg to check your eligibility.
Mr Kwok Hoe Choy is among a select core of hands-on consultants with close to 30 years of practical practitioner experience in leading, designing and implementing learning solutions, talent development programs, organisation branding & employee engagement initiatives for corporations across Asia. Having trained thousands of professionals, managers and senior leaders across different cultures, he is now dedicated to designing solutions for companies seeking to improve organisation effectiveness. Building on his experience as a certified instructional designer, he has customised HR solutions for many clients with exceptionally positive results.