Fees (Please note that the fees listed are for your reference only. The final course fee may vary.)
|Name||Fee (Excludes GST)||Fee (Includes GST)|
|Nett Fee (after SSG funding)||$ 195.00||$ 208.65|
|Course Fee (Before Funding)||$ 650.00||$ 695.50|
The Communities of Practice (CoP) course is a course which seeks to equip participants interested in starting and sustaining CoPs. The course provides participants with a hands-on approach to the fundamentals of the formation of a CoP, and further shares strategies in supporting growth and sustainability of CoPs. Additionally, the course helps participants in linking the benefits of professional discourse within CoPs and their positive impacts on community and practice.
Social work practitioners whom are interested and/or had been identified by their respective organisations to start and partake in CoPs.
The skills and knowledge for this course, which the learner is assumed to possess, are as follows:
- Be able to listen and speak English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System Workplace Literacy (WPL) Level 6 and above
- Be able to read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System Workplace Literacy (WPL) Level 6 and above
- Be able to use numeracy skills equivalent to the Employability Skills System Workplace Numeracy (WPN) Level 6 and above
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Examine key Community of Practice (CoP) elements to shape your own CoPs
2. Analyse the benefits that CoPs brings to members with the community and organisation
3. Analyse strategies that support that growth and sustainability of CoPs
4. Outline a launch process for CoPs
E-mode of delivery:
• Learners will receive online access to courseware instead of printed materials
• Learners will complete an online course evaluation
This course includes assessment components. Assessment may be conducted during and/or after the course. As there is an assessment component for this course, grading and processing of results can only take place after course completion.
Learners who pass the assessment(s) will be awarded with an electronic Certificate of Achievement from SSI. You will receive an email notification when your e-Cert is ready for download in your NCSS e-Services account.
SSG funding is available for Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents only. Terms and conditions apply.
VCF funding is available for foreigners who are staff of member VWOs of NCSS via Direct Training Application. Terms and conditions apply.
Mr Gopinathan R, a Principal Consultant, has more than 20 years of experience in both the private and public sector organisations. He has facilitated workshops on CoP and provided advice and helped launched communities in several private and public organisations. He continually engages CoP leaders to provide advice and build a body of knowledge on CoP. He has recently published a CoP toolkit to help community leaders to better lead and cultivate communities. He is also an adjunct lecturer for the Master of Science (KM) programme offered by Nanyang Technological University and lectures an elective course on CoP.