Fees (Please note that the fees listed are for your reference only. The final course fee may vary.)
|Name||Fee (Excludes GST)||Fee (Includes GST)|
|Course Fee (Before Funding)||$ 450.00||$ 481.50|
This two-day train-the-trainers workshop will equip participants with all the necessary tools and resources to effectively deliver two core Search Institute community-centred workshops: Everyone’s an Asset Builder and Sharing the Asset Message.
Eveyone’s an Asset Builder introduces the Developmental Assets framework and the powerful role of individual asset builders in the lives of youth.
Sharing the Asset Message prepares community members and groups to deliver a variety of assets-building messages to multiple audiences.
During the 2-day workshop, participants will be given instruction on innovative and effective training strategies, receive proven resources and a complete training curriculum and benefit from personal coaching from the very experienced Search Institute presenter.
Participants will leave the workshop ready to equip and support individuals, organisations, institutions and their entire communities in building Developmental Assets.
Target audience includes social service practitioners who work in the children and youth setting, in particular staff who plan and deliver programmes in youth agencies.
The skills and knowledge for this course, which the learner is assumed to possess, are as follows:
• Be able to listen and speak English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System Workplace Literacy (WPL) Level 6
• Be able to read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System Workplace Literacy (WPL) Level 6
• Be able to use numeracy skills equivalent to the Employability Skills System Workplace Numeracy (WPN) Level 6
• Learners need to have basic knowledge of computer skills.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Interpret the developmental asset framework and its components;
2. Identify the role of an effective asset builder in the lives of youth;
3. Deliver a variety of asset-building messages to multiple audiences; and
4. Adapt the asset-building curriculum to his/her own work scenario.
James (Jim) Conway is a veteran trainer and speaker with over 25 years experience providing training and consultation to youth serving professionals and volunteers in educational and community-based organizations in the US and abroad. He has designed and delivered major training for Search Institute since 1995. For the last decade he also served as a lead trainer and presenter for Vision Training Associates. Conway has also served as a member of the national training team, National Institute on Out-of-School Time, Wellesley College, MA. Prior to beginning his career as a trainer and speaker on positive youth development, Jim served for 15 years in leadership roles of various programs for children and young adolescents.