Fees (Please note that the fees listed are for your reference only. The final course fee may vary.)
|Name||Fee (Excludes GST)||Fee (Includes GST)|
|Course Fee (Before Funding)||$ 500.00||$ 535.00|
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Explain the characteristics associated with children with special needs.
2. Differentiate strategies to be used when engaging and working with children with special needs.
3. Explain the use of basic behaviour management strategies with children with special needs.
Target audience includes volunteers from social service organisations who are working with children with special needs etc. The skills and knowledge for this course, which the learner is assumed to possess, are as follows:
- Be able to listen and speak English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System Workplace Literacy (WPL) Level 6
- Be able to read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System Workplace Literacy (WPL) Level 6
- Be able to use numeracy skills equivalent to the Employability Skills System Workplace Numeracy (WPN) Level 6
Regardless of the type of delay a child experiences, it is important to keep in mind that all children can learn and should be allowed to participate in everyday routines and activities to the best of their capabilities. The module equips the learner with knowledge and skills required to understand and work with children with special needs. Learners will also be able to comprehend strategies that are best suited for engaging children with special needs.
This course includes assessment components. Assessment may be conducted during and/or after the course. As there is an assessment component for this course, grading and processing of results can only take place after course completion. Learners who pass the assessment(s) will be awarded with an electronic Certificate of Achievement from SSI. You will receive an email notification when your e-Cert is ready for download in your NCSS e-Services account.
SSG funding is available for Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents only. Terms and conditions apply.
VCF funding is available for foreigners who are staff of member VWOs of NCSS via Direct Training Application. Terms and conditions apply.
Ms Linda Prebhash is a Principal Trainer & Consultant with Rainbow Centre Training and Consultancy (RCTC). She has been in the special education sector since 1988 and her experience in various capacities enables her to provide a holistic perspective in conferences at Singapore and the Asia-Pacific region. She is trained in the Treatment and Education of Autistic and other Related Communication handicapped Children (TEACCH)and a facilitator in the Myers Briggs Indicator Test (MBTI). Ms Prebhash serves as a volunteer on the Board of Special Olympics (Singapore) and has been actively involved for more than 22 years. She believes that through sports, persons with special needs learn life skills beyond the achievement of athletic abilities.