Fees (Please note that the fees listed are for your reference only. The final course fee may vary.)
|Name||Fee (Excludes GST)||Fee (Includes GST)|
|Nett Fee (after SSG funding)||$ 65.00||$ 69.55|
|Course Fee (Before Funding)||$ 650.00||$ 695.50|
1) Developmental milestones and atypical development in children with special needs
2) Intellectual disabilities (includes down syndrome)
- basic teaching strategies
3) Developmental delay (speech delay, motor development delay, global developmental delay etc)
- Basic teaching strategies
4) Physical disabilities
- Introduction to epilepsy
- Basic teaching strategies and considerations for accessibility
5) Multiple disabilities
- Definition of multiple disabilities
- Examples of multiple disabilities/ co-existing special needs conditions
- Considerations for teaching and accessibility
Teachers, therapists, psychologists, social workers and other professionals working in preschools, special schools, Integrated Child Care Centres (ICCC) or other children centres.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
1) Describe atypical development in children
2) Discuss the diagnoses and basic characteristics of children with developmental delay, intellectual disabilities and multiple disabilities
3) Identify the difficulties and impact of the disabilities on the children’s learning and adaptive living
4) Apply basic teaching strategies to enhance the learning of the special needs individuals
This course includes assessment components.
Assessment may be conducted during and/or after the course. As there is an assessment component for this course, grading and processing of results can only take place after course completion. Learners who pass the assessment(s) will be awarded with an electronic Certificate of Achievement from SSI. You will receive an email notification when your e-Cert is ready for download in your NCSS e-Services account.
E-mode of delivery:
• Learners will receive online access to courseware instead of printed materials
• Learners will complete an online course evaluation and receive e-certificate
SSG funding is available for Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents only.
VCF funding is available for foreigners who are staff of member VWOs of NCSS via Direct Training Application.
Terms and conditions apply.
Ms Linda Prebhash is a Principal Trainer & Consultant with Rainbow Centre Training and Consultancy (RCTC). She has been in the special education sector since 1988 and her experience in various capacities enables her to provide a holistic perspective in conferences at Singapore and the Asia-Pacific region. She is trained in the Treatment and Education of Autistic and other Related Communication handicapped Children (TEACCH). Ms Prebhash serves as a volunteer on the Board of Special Olympics (Singapore) and has been actively involved over the last 22 years. She believes that through sports, persons with special needs learn life skills beyond the achievement of athletic abilities.