Social Service Accelerator Programme (SGUS) [Intake 2]
08 Mar - 11 Sep 2021
|Name||Fee (Excludes GST)||Fee (Includes GST)|
|Full Course Fee||$ 14160.00||$ 15151.20|
|Nett Fee (after SSG funding)||$ 467.29||$ 500.00|
• Singaporeans or Singapore Permanent Residents above the age of 21 years who are affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Professionals, Managers and Executives (PMEs)
• Multi-disciplinary professionals with at least three to four years of experience in the domains of Marketing, Human Resource, Finance, IT Project Management and Operation Management
• At least GCE O level with 3-5 years experiences will be preferred
Applicants are required to upload their GCE 'O' Level Certification or equivalent certification and Resume during online registration.
Target Participants for SGUS programmes will exclude the following:
• Singapore Citizens and PRs who have graduated or graduating in Calendar Year (CY) 2019/2020 from ITE, Polytechnics, Universities and other institutions, both private and overseas; and
• Singapore Citizens and PRs who have graduated from the educational institutions mentioned above and completed or completing their National Service (NS) in CY 2019/2020, and are entering the labour market.
Modules for Sector Specific Skills
1. Design and develop effective volunteer programmes (by SSI)
2. Interpret the Service Types & Functions of Key Players in Social Service (by SSI)
3. Social Compact (by SSI)
4. Counselling Skills and Practice: Introduction (by SSI)
Modules for Functional Skills
Marketing & Fundraising
5. Branding Non-Profit: A Introduction (by SSI)
6. Donor Outreach through Social Media (by SSI)
7. Making $ense I: An introduction to Fund Raising (by SSI)
8. HR for Non-HR Managers (by NP)
9. Budgeting for Charities (by SSI)
Volunteer & Client Management
10. Manage Challenging Social Service and NPO clients (by SSI)
11. Supporting the Implementation of Programmes (by NP)
Leadership & Management
12. Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship (by NP)
13. Leading Through Change (by NP)
14. Agile System Development (by NP)
15. 3 months internship
The Social Service Accelerator Programme is jointly developed by SSI and Ngee Ann Polytechnic (NP) although individual courses may come from either SSI or NP.
Please note that this course will be conducted online via Zoom (click to learn more about Zoom). Successful applicants will be able to access and download course materials from LearningCloud upon course confirmation. They will also be given the URL to join the Zoom course session with a unique password via email. Participants will be required to use their Name (as per NRIC) as the Zoom ID to be given access to the Zoom course session and will have to enable video view while the session is in progress.
Applicants are required to ensure that they have a fully operational desktop or laptop, with a webcam for videoconferencing, stable internet connection at home and an earphone with microphone functions.
Mode of delivery:
Blended learning (facilitated classroom training, online course materials & pre-course e-learning activities)
This course includes assessment components.
Assessment may be conducted during and/or after the course. As there is an assessment component for this course, grading and processing of results can only take place after course completion. Learners who have successfully completed the programme will be awarded with an electronic Certificate of Completion from SSI. You will receive an email notification when your e-Cert is ready for download in your NCSS e-Services account.
SSG funding support is available for Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents only.
Subject to 75% attendance for each module, successful completion of assessments.
Full nett payment has to be made upon acceptance of offer.
SURANI Suraiza / Suraiza_SURANI@ncss.gov.sg / 65895557