Admission Exercise for SSI ACSS
10 Aug 2021 - 30 Sep 2022
|Name||Fee (Excludes GST)||Fee (Includes GST)|
|Registration Fee||$ 50.00||$ 53.50|
Please read the below instructions, eligibility criteria, and Terms & Conditions before proceeding with the programme registration.
The application form has nine (9) sections. Please complete all nine (9) sections of this e-registration form ("The application"). The sections are outlined below for your information:
(1) Sponsorship Details: Organisation Sponsored or Self Sponsored (i.e. specify if programme fees will be paid by applicant or by sponsoring organisation.)
(2) Personal Details (please provide all relevant details as required in the application form)
(3) Educational Qualifications Attained (please list all relevant qualifications) (Upload copies of academic certificates and transcripts under 'Additional Form Attachment' section in the application form)
(4) Employment Experiences (please provide your employment history)
(5) Additional Questions (please answer all the questions. Provide a write up of between 90 to 100 words each.)
(6) Scanned ID Card (please upload a copy showing the last 3 digits + last alphabet of the NRIC)
(8) Additional Form Attachment (please upload the academic certificates, and transcripts at this section)
(9) Declaration (please refer to the T&Cs in this page below)
Application without the necessary supporting documents (i.e. PDF copy of academic certificates and transcripts) and registration fee payment will be deemed as incomplete and will not be processed.
Applications received are subjected to screening by SSI and SSI reserves the right in its absolute discretion to reject any of the applications.
(1) A minimum grade of C6 for GCE ‘O’ level English (or its equivalent*).
(2) Should have any one of the academic qualifications / requirements listed below:
(a) 3 GCE ‘O’ Level credits with 2 years of working experience; or
(b) NITEC in Community Care and Social Services with 1.5 years of full-time working experience.
(3) Completed the Singapore’s Social Compact e-Learning course offered by SSI at MarketPlace . Please download and submit the e-learning certificate at point of registration.
*List of current qualifications equivalent to the GCE 'O' Level English
(a) A minimum score of 5.5. for IELTS; or
(b) A minimum score of 79 for TOEFL Internet-based test; or
(c) A minimum score of 213 for TOEFL Computer-based test; or
(d) A minimum score of 550 for TOEFL Paper-based test; or
(e) At least a Statement of Attainment at Level 5 in Workplace Literacy (WPL) – (Comprehensive) (covering Listening, Reading, Speaking and Writing under the Employability Skills WSQ) (prior to 31 Dec 2019); or
(f) At least a Level 5 in Workplace Literacy and Numeracy (WPLN) – (covering Listening, Reading, Speaking, Writing, and Numeracy)
With effect from 2 Jan 2020, SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) has appointed British Council (Singapore) Limited (BCL) to administer the new Workplace Literacy and Numeracy (WPLN) assessments. To register for the WPLN assessment, please visit British Council (Singapore) Limited’s website
For enquiries, please contact BCL at Tel:6807 1599 or its main assessment venues at:
• British Council (Napier Road Centre) 30 Napier Road Singapore 258509;
• British Council (Paya Lebar) Lifelong Learning Institute, 11 Eunos Road 8, Level 2 Singapore 408601
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Mandatory "Singapore's Social Compact" e-learning module
This e-learning course provides an overview of the development of Singapore’s social services over the years and introduces you to the principles behind its provision. It also covers the 6 areas of social service provision and the challenges that lay ahead. Upon completion of the course, you will be issued an e-certificate which must be provided to SSI at the point of registration. Applicant may register and complete this e-course hosted at MarketPlace (click to enroll).
2. Registration Fee Payment
A non-refundable registration fee of $53.50 (inclusive of 7% GST) is applicable. Payment for registration fee can be made via Credit/Debit during registration.
3. Programme Fee Payment
(3a) Payment can be made online via Internet Banking or PayNow. Cash payment is not accepted. Programme fee must be paid by the stipulated date as indicated in the offer letter, upon acceptance.
Please note that if the acceptance of offer letter and payment is not received by the stated timeline, the applicant would be deemed to have given up the offer for admission to the programme.
(3b) For organisation sponsored applicant, please ensure that the payment timeline is communicated to your HR/organisation representative so that arrangements can be made to facilitate the payment by the due date provided. For cheque payment, please make cheque payable to "National Council of Social Service". Please indicate your name, NRIC, programme title and intake at the back of the cheque.
For more information and details about payment options to SSI, please visit SSI FAQs.
4. Organisation Endorsement for Organisation Sponsored Applications
Organisation Endorsement will be required if the programme fees for the applicant will be paid by the sponsoring organisation. Please inform your sponsoring organisation HR/representative to login using their CorpPass and follow-up with the endorsement of this programme registration after you have submitted and paid the registration fee.
If the support and approval from the Head of Organisation or its appointed representative is found to be inauthentic, learners will be required to pay the full programme fees (w GST).
5. SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) Funding Principle
(5a) SSG funding is available for Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents.
(5b) Learners eligible for SSG funding must achieve at least 75% attendance per module and pass all assessment components. Individuals/Organisations will be liable to pay the full programme fees (w GST) in the event that learners fail to meet the attendance and/or assessment requirements and other terms and conditions for SSG funding eligibility.
(5c) Learners and their supervisors are to give consent to SSI, SSG or its appointed agent to contact them via telephone/email/SMS for the purpose of sending information and getting feedback on the effectiveness of training and its application to the workplace, as well as the status of employment post
Learners wanting to withdraw from the programme will have to notify SSI, in writing. Learners are encouraged to consult their course administrator for advice on the same.
7. Changes and Cancellation
SSI reserves the right in its absolute discretion to make changes to a course/programme. Every reasonable effort, however, will be made to inform applicants/learners as soon as possible of the changes. For cancellation of courses/programme by SSI, fees received will be refunded in full.
Chua Jasmine / Jasmine_CHUA@ncss.gov.sg / 6589 5561