Social Service Assistant Programme (SGUS) Run 2
01 Mar - 15 Oct 2021
|Name||Fee (Excludes GST)||Fee (Includes GST)|
|Course Fee (Before Funding)||$ 13205.61||$ 14130.00|
|Nett Fee (after SSG funding)||$ 623.06||$ 666.67|
The SGUnited Jobs & Skills Package was launched by DPM Heng Swee Keat on 26 May 2020 to support an estimated 100,000 Singaporeans whose livelihoods have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. One of the initiatives under this package is the SGUS programme, which will provide job and traineeship opportunities to jobseekers to help them acquire the skillsets and capabilities needed to access expanded employment opportunities in both the private and public sector.
Over 40,000 jobs will be provided through this ‘Train-and-Place’ model and all courses under the SGUnited Skills (SGUS) programme are modularised to be industry-relevant and certifiable and were designed in partnership with employers in the public and private sector. For learners who lack the basic skillsets required to access SGUS courses, bridging modules in basic literacy, numeracy, digital literacy and basic financial planning will be provided.
Please refer to individual modules for the Learning Outcomes.
• Singaporeans or Singapore Permanent Residents above the age of 21 years who are affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Rank and file applicant
• At least 3 GCE ‘O’ level, or NITEC and with at least 3 to 4 years of relevant experience in client centric roles, programme coordination, admins and operations.
Applicants are required to upload their GCE 'O' Level Certification or equivalent certification and Resume during online registration.
Target Participants for SGUS programmes will exclude the following:
• Singapore Citizens and PRs who have graduated or graduating in Calendar Year (CY) 2019/2020 from ITE, Polytechnics, Universities and other institutions, both private and overseas; and
• Singapore Citizens and PRs who have graduated from the educational institutions mentioned above and completed or completing their National Service (NS) in CY 2019/2020, and are entering the labour market.
Modules for Client Specific Skills
1. Provide Support Level Service to Children (by SSI)
2. Provide Support Level Service to Seniors (by SSI)
3. Provide Support Level Service to Persons with Disabilities (by SSI)
4. Provide Support Level Service to Families (by SSI)
5. Provide Support Level Service to Youths (by SSI)
Modules for Generic Social Service Skills
6. Work with Volunteers (by SSI)
7. Interpret the Service Types & Functions of Key Players in Social Service (by SSI)
8. Demonstrate Understanding of legal provisions in Social Service (by SSI)
9. Demonstrate Understanding of Group Dynamics in Social Service (by SSI)
10. Organise & Implement Basic Social Recreational Activities (by SSI)
11. Supporting Clients with Professional Resources (by NP)
12. Apply Relationship Building Skills in Social Service Practice (by SSI)
The Social Service Assistant Programme (SGUS) modules are facilitated by SSI’s Adult Educators who are WSQ Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA) or WSQ Advanced Certificate in Learning and Performance (ACLP) certified and each has years of working experience in the sector with different clients and community settings.
Learners will be assessed through a written assessment, role play and oral interview.
Please note that this course will be conducted online via Zoom (click to learn more about Zoom). Successful applicants will be able to access and download course materials from LearningCloud upon course confirmation. They will also be given the URL to join the Zoom course session with a unique password via email. Participants will be required to use their Name (as per NRIC) as the Zoom ID to be given access to the Zoom course session and will have to enable video view while the session is in progress.
Applicants are required to ensure that they have a fully operational desktop or laptop, with a webcam for videoconferencing, stable internet connection at home and a earphone with microphone functions.
Mode of delivery:
Blended learning (facilitated classroom training, online course materials & pre-course e-learning activities)
This course includes assessment components.
Assessment may be conducted during and/or after the course. As there is an assessment component for this course, grading and processing of results can only take place after course completion. Learners who pass the assessment(s) will be awarded with an electronic Certificate of Completion from SSI. You will receive an email notification when your e-Cert is ready for download in your NCSS e-Services account.
Full Programme Fees: $14,160(excl. GST);
Nett Programme fees after SSG funding: $623.06 (excl. GST)
SHARIF Norlisa / Norlisa_SHARIF@ncss.gov.sg / 65895563