Certificate in Para-Counselling
15 Jan - 26 Mar 2019
|Name||Fee (Excludes GST)||Fee (Includes GST)|
|Course Fee (Before Funding)||$ 2000.00||$ 2140.00|
|Nett Fee (after SSG funding)||$ 200.00||$ 214.00|
The Certificate in Para-Counseling is targeted at new entrants, less than 2 years to social service organisations.
The course aims to equip individuals with the fundamental knowledge and skills in counseling, when working alongside with certified counseling professionals in their daily work.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Examine the roles of a para-counselor and guiding principles of counselling
• Explain counselling approaches used when working with clients
• Apply active listening skills and questioning techniques during when communicating with clients
• Address barriers of communication in the communication process with clients
Target audience includes new entrants with less than two years in the social service setting. child protection workers, school counsellors, medical social workers and police officers. The skills and knowledge for this course, which the learner is assumed to possess, are as follows:
• Be able to listen and speak English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System Workplace Literacy (WPL) Level 6
• Be able to read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System Workplace Literacy (WPL) Level 6
• Be able to use numeracy skills equivalent to the Employability Skills System Workplace Numeracy (WPN) Level 6
Click here for the Course Agenda.
Learners are required to meet at least 75% attendance for each of the module.
Mr Winston Tay has more than 15 years of providing counseling and psychotherapy in various settings, Winston is currently the Executive Director, Consultant & Psychotherapist with Charis Lifeworks Pte Ltd. He is also registered member with Singapore Association for Counselling (SAC) & American Counselling Association (ACA).
He graduated with a Masters in Social Science (Professional Counselling) with Distinction from Swinburne University of Technology (Australia) and is currently pursuing a Doctorate in Health from The University of Bath (UK).
Winston is also a certified Grief Recovery Specialist (USA) & MBTI Administrator.
He lectures with various private Universities in SG and government organizations. He has also been invited to countries in ASEAN to give lectures and talks on Counselling and Mental Health.
This course includes assessment components.
Assessment may be conducted during and/or after the course. Learners will be assessed for competence using Written Test and Role Play in this course. They will need to achieve “COMPETENT” for both the Written Test and Role Play to be certified competent for successful completion.
As there is an assessment component for this course, grading and processing of results can only take place after course completion.
Learners who pass the assessment(s) will be awarded with a Certificate of Achievement from SSI. Your Certificate will only be ready for collection from SSI approximately 8 weeks from the end of the course.
Mode of delivery:
• Blended learning (facilitated classroom training and e-learning activities)
• e-Learning activities: Learners will be required to complete pre-course e-learning activities in addition to the facilitated classroom training.
7:00PM to 10:00PM
1 July 2019 - 9 September 2019
Introduction to Counselling:
1, 4, 8 July 2019
Models & Theories in Counselling:
11, 15, 18, 22, 25, 29 July 2019
Approaches in Counselling:
1, 5, 8, 15 August 2019
Counselling Techniques & Communication:
19, 22, 26 August 2019
Practicum for Counselling Skills:
29 August 2019
2, 5, 9 September 2019
Learners are required to achieve at least 75% attendance for each module and pass the assessment in order to be eligible for the SSG funding and attain the certificate.
Upon submitting your registration, a non-refundable registration fee of $53.50 (inclusive of 7% GST) is applicable. Payment for registration fee can be made via Internet Banking or NETS only at SSI.
SSG funding is available for Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents only. Terms and conditions apply. VCF funding is available for foreigners who are staff of member VWOs of NCSS via Direct Training Application. Terms and conditions apply.
SURANI Suraiza / Suraiza_SURANI@ncss.gov.sg / 65895557