Advanced Certificate in Social Service
13 Oct 2020 - 19 Nov 2021
|Name||Fee (Excludes GST)||Fee (Includes GST)|
|Registration Fee||$ 50.00||$ 53.50|
Please read the below instructions, eligibility criteria, and Terms & Conditions before proceeding with the programme registration.
The application form has nine (9) sections. Please complete all nine (9) sections of this e-registration form ("The application"). The sections are outlined below for your information:
(1) Sponsorship Details: Organisation Sponsored or Self Sponsored (i.e. specify if programme fees will be paid by applicant or by sponsoring organisation.)
(2) Personal Details (please provide all relevant details as required in the application form)
(3) Educational Qualifications Attained (please list all relevant qualifications) (Upload copies of academic certificates and transcripts under 'Additional Form Attachment' section in the application form)
(4) Employment Experiences (please provide your employment history)
(5) Additional Questions (please answer all the questions. Provide a write up of between 90 to 100 words each.)
(6) Scanned ID Card (please upload a copy showing the last 3 digits + last alphabet of the NRIC)
(8) Additional Form Attachment (please upload the academic certificates and transcripts at this section)
(9) Declaration (please refer to the T&Cs in this page below)
Application without the necessary supporting documents (i.e. PDF copy of academic certificates and transcripts) and registration fee payment will be deemed as incomplete and will not be processed.
Applications received are subjected to screening by SSI and SSI reserves the right in its absolute discretion to reject any of the applications.
(1) A minimum grade of C6 for GCE ‘O’ level English (or its equivalent*).
(2) Any one of the academic qualifications / requirements (i.e. 3 GCE ‘O’ Level credits with 2 years of full-time working experience or NITEC in Community Care and Social Services with 1.5 years of full-time working experience).
*List of current qualifications equivalent to the GCE 'O' Level English
(a) A minimum score of 5.5. for IELTS; or
(b) A minimum score of 79 for TOEFL Internet-based test; or
(c) A minimum score of 213 for TOEFL Computer-based test; or
(d) A minimum score of 550 for TOEFL Paper-based test; or
(e) At least a Statement of Attainment at Level 5 in Workplace Literacy (WPL) – (Comprehensive) (covering Listening, Reading, Speaking and Writing under the Employability Skills WSQ)
The Centre for Employability Skills (CES) provides WPL assessments and can be contacted at Lifelong Learning Institute, 11 Eunos Road 8, #02-01, Singapore 408601 (Tel: 6883 5885; Fax: 6709 4268)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Mandatory "Singapore's Social Compact" e-learning module
Successful applicants will have to complete the e-learning module “Singapore’s Social Compact” within three (3) months from the programme commencement and submit the completion certificate to SSI. You may register and complete this e-course hosted at MarketPlace (click to enroll for free).
2. Registration Fee Payment
A non-refundable registration fee of $53.50 (inclusive of 7% GST) is applicable. Payment for registration fee can be made via Credit/Debit during registration.
3. Programme Fee Payment
(3a) Payment can be made online via credit/debit card, in the form of cheque, internet banking or NETS. Cash payment is not accepted. Course fee must be paid by 2 Oct 2020, upon acceptance of offer.
Please note that if the acceptance of offer letter and payment is not received by the stated timeline, the applicant would be deemed to have given up the offer for admission to the programme. For organisation sponsored applicant, please ensure that the payment timeline is communicated to your HR/organisation representative so that arrangements can be made to facilitate the payment by the given due date.
(3b) For cheque payment, please make cheque payable to "National Council of Social Service". Please indicate your name, NRIC, programme title and intake at the back of the cheque.
For more information and details about payment options to SSI, please visit SSI FAQs.
4. Organisation Endorsement for Organisation Sponsored Applications
Organisation Endorsement will be required for if the programme fees will be paid by the sponsoring organisation. Please inform the sponsoring organisation to login using their CorpPass and follow-up with the endorsement of this programme registration after you have submitted and paid the registration fee. In the event where support and approval from the Head of Organisation or its appointed representative is found to be inauthentic, learners will be required to pay the programme fees.
5. SSG Funding Principle
(5a) SSG funding is available for Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents only.
(5b) Learners eligible for SSG funding must achieve at least 75% attendance per module and pass all assessment components. Individuals/Organisations will be liable to pay the full programme fees (including GST) in the event that learners fail to meet the attendance and/or assessment requirements and other terms and conditions for SSG funding eligibility.
(5c) Learners and their supervisors are to give consent to SSI, SSG or its appointed agent to call or send emails/SMS for the purpose of sending information and getting feedback on the effectiveness of training and its application to the workplace, as well as the status of employment.
6. Withdrawal and Refund Conditions
Learners wanting to withdraw from the programme will have to officially notify SSI. Learners will not be refunded the nett fee. Learners are encouraged to consult their course administrator for advise on the same.
7. Changes and Cancellation
SSI reserves the right in its absolute discretion to make changes to a course/programme. Every reasonable effort, however, will be made to inform applicants/learners as soon as possible of the changes. For cancellation of courses/programme by SSI, fees received will be refunded in full.
Chua Jasmine / Jasmine_CHUA@ncss.gov.sg / 6589 5561