Fundamentals in Developing Community Work Programme (NSWCF Foundational)
28 Feb 2018
01 Mar 2018
Social Service Institute
|Name||Fee (Excludes GST)||Fee (Includes GST)|
|Course Fee (Before Funding)||$ 860.00||$ 920.20|
|Nett Fee (after SSG funding)||$ 258.00||$ 276.06|
Social workers in direct practice support the development of new community support systems that enhance the psycho-social well-being of the community. This module covers effective approaches to identify and understand the various communities targeted to be involved in engagement activities or programmes by conducting needs assessments and environmental scan. Learners also acquire skills and knowledge to utilise community resources and engage stakeholders to develop solutions in community work.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Conduct environmental scanning to assess needs of service users at the community level
2. Use available community resources to develop community work programmes
3. Manage stakeholders for successful implementation of community work programmes
Target audience includes any of the following;
1. Social service practitioners who possess at least a Bachelor or Graduate Diploma in Social Work from a recognised university
2. Other social service practitioners who are involved in community work at their workplaces
Ms Han Yah Yee began her social work career in 1994 and is currently the General Manager of Marine Parade Family Service Centre. In her professional journey of 19 years, Yah Yee has grown to be an exemplary leader in the social work field. Yah Yee is a firm believer in education for mindset change. She is an active speaker and trainer for social work related topics. She was invited to share at the Professional Learning Sessions organised by NCSS and conducted various discussions in best practices in the South East Community Development Council (SECDC) Comcare networks.
Mode of delivery:
Blended learning (facilitated classroom training and online course materials)
Course qualifies for CPE credits for the renewal of accreditation at 1 credit per 1 training hour.
For enquiries, please contact SASW Accreditation Secretariat at Tel: 6778 7922 or email@example.com
E-mode of delivery:
• Learners will receive online access to courseware instead of printed materials
• Learners will complete an online course evaluation
SSG funding is available for Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents only. Terms and conditions apply.
VCF funding is available for foreigners who are staff of member VWOs of NCSS via Direct Training Application. Terms and conditions apply.
Ng Gina / Gina_Ng@ncss.gov.sg / 65895561