NonProfit Directors Programme (all 7 modules)
12 Oct 2017
12 Apr 2018
|Name||Fee (Excludes GST)||Fee (Includes GST)|
|Course Fee (Before Funding)||$ 4550.00||$ 4868.50|
This programme is designed around the learning needs of board members of nonprofit organisations (NPOs). The faculty is made up of practitioners and leaders in the nonprofit field. They will combine their insights and knowledge of the sector with case studies to showcase the real-life struggles of boards in their various leadership roles.
Each module will be hosted at a different venue in collaboration with an NPO partner to participants with an in-depth understanding of ground realities relevant to the module and described in the case studies. Each participant will also receive a specially curated set of books relevant to the topics in the programme.
Module 1: The Nonprofit Environment (12 Oct 2017)
1) Examine the nonprofit landscape in Singapore, the implications for nonprofit governance and how it differs from those for commercial organisations.
Module 2: Board & Management Relationship (9 Nov 2017)
2) Differentiate the roles between board and management as well as board members as governors and volunteers, and analyse the practices best suited for the board.
Module 3: Board Dynamics & Evaluation (7 Dec 2017)
3) Analyse areas of strengths and gaps associated with board roles and responsibilities, and develop appropriate actions to facilitate greater organisational alignment and set board priorities for the coming years.
Module 4: Strategic Decision Making (11 Jan 2018)
4) Compare strategic options to make informed decisions that are aligned with the mission of the NPO.
Module 5: Fundraising & Outreach (8 Feb 2018)
5) Understand the financial reporting requirements for compliance with the Charities Accounting Standards (CAS) and increased accountability to stakeholders.
Module 6: Financial Management & Accountability (8 Mar 2018)
6) Examine fundraising approaches and stakeholder management to ensure organisational sustainability.
Module 7: Social Trends (12 Apr 2018)
7) Investigate social innovations, technologies, enterprises and other trends on the horizon to improve the effectiveness of the NPOs.
This course is designed for individual board (or council) members of the NPOs to enhance their capabilities for the effective governance of the NPOs.
Practitioners and leaders in the Non-profit Sector
Each module will start at 5.00pm with registration, networking and, typically, a briefing and tour of the community partner. Each session includes a working dinner and ends at 9.00pm. The lead facilitator together with invited guest speakers will generate learning and deliberations with the participants. The case study-based learning will aid the practice and application of concepts presented in the module.
For more information, please visit www.ssi.sg/npdp.
The Nonprofit Directors Programme consists of 7 modules.
Cost per module
Course Fees (Before Funding): $695.50 (Incl GST)
Course Fees (Local - After VCF Subsidy & SSI discounts): $267.89 (Incl GST)
Course Fees (Foreigner - After VCF Subsidy & SSI discounts): $330.38(Incl GST)
Applicable for registered charities and IPCs. Please refer to www.charities.gov.sg to check your eligibility.
LOW Wee Leng / LOW_Wee_Leng@ncss.gov.sg / 65895559