Youth Guidance Officer
( Job No : JOB-2022-04044 )
PERTAPIS Education and Welfare Centre
PERTAPIS Centre for Women and Girls
PERTAPIS CENTRE FOR WOMEN AND GIRLS provides residential care for young women victim of abuse, coming from dysfunctional families or in conflict with the law. The centre offers shelter, care and protection to 100 women from 14 to 21 years old. We run a variety of programs to facilitate self development, confidence building and life skills development.
About The Role
1. To provide physical care and supervision to residents’ and to see into their wellbeing 2. Ensure close supervision and maintain discipline of the residents 3. Oversee the implementation of daily programs 4. To observe the sick residents condition on a regular basis 5. To carry out any administrative work such as ensuring all records are properly documented, updating of residents’ general progress 6. To ensure that residents participate in the programmes provided 7. Ensure general cleanliness and hygiene of residents and the facilities
1. Ability to model and teach positive values, demonstrate social and emotional competencies
2. Ability to develop and maintain a relationship of trust and professionalism with youths
1. Able to work on rotating shifts including weekends and public holidays
2. Team player and positive mindset 3. Has passion working with youths
Preferred achievements / characteristics
1. Minimum N or O Level, Diploma in Social Work, Psychology or Counselling
2. Has prior experience in working with and mentoring youths 3. Min 1 year experience working in Residential Homes
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.