Industrial Occupational Therapist
( Job No : JOB-2019-02569 )
Movement for the Intellectually Disabled of Singapore (MINDS)
MINDS-Woodlands Employment Development Centre
MINDS is one of the oldest and largest non-governmental organisations catering to the needs of persons with intellectual disability in Singapore since 1962. Our organisation runs: 4 Special Schools; 3 Employment Development Centres (EDCs); 6 Training and Development Centres (TDCs); 2 Homes (one for adult, one for children) and 1 Hostel (adults) to cater to the educational, vocational, social and welfare needs of persons with intellectual disability.
About The Role
• Evaluate and address physical, cognitive and socio-emotional abilities of the person as part of a Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE)
• Perform a task analysis of job requirements (of various contract works) and outline the components into a sequence. A written script ensures that multiple helpers (e.g. training officers, job coaches, employer) all follow the same sequence when working with the individual. • Evaluate the work environment and assess environmental factors such as noise, clutter, temperature and lighting. • Determine the accessibility and safety of the work area and recommend adaptive equipment as necessary. • Match the client’s abilities and interests with specific job requirements, then provide training and the necessary workplace ergonomics consultation to ensure the best fit between the worker, environment and task(s) for optimal work performance. • Explore job possibilities not previously identified by the employer • Assist the Social Enterprises & Employment Development sector in conducting job profiling of clients to determine potential job/industry matches • Maintain required reports and updated client records of interventions. • Plan and conduct relevant training to employers and co-workers, or direct care staff. • Participate and contribute in MINDS initiated special projects such as public education, conferences, applied research, etc.
• Degree and/or post-graduate qualification in the specified AHP discipline from AHPC-recognized institution.
• At least 5 years of direct clinical practice. • Full/Restricted registration with AHPC.
• Good communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
• Experience working in vocational rehabilitation, and with persons with intellectual/developmental disabilities or related field is preferred.
Preferred achievements / characteristics
Improving others' lives through your work. Let's get connected and have a chat.
email@example.com What is it like working at MINDS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kewsCu1lTM8&feature=youtu.be
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.