About The Role
• Provide financial assistance services to needy students in accordance with the school’s financial assistance scheme policies.
• Conduct family and social assessment of students’ needs when necessary. • Provide interventions to students to support and maximize learning and adjustment. • Provide crisis intervention support in line with the school policies • Conduct family interviews for Placement Assessment Screening and co-ordinate with AP staff to support placement and transition for new admission. • Maintain and update students’ case records with relevant documentation reports. • Provide consultation and update students’ progress to the relevant staff members and caregivers. • Conduct home visits when necessary. • Work in collaboration with teaching, non-teaching staff and caregivers for the effective enhancement of services. • Work with external agencies for the effective enhancement of services. • Involve in the school’s interdisciplinary process of Individual Education Plan and Individual Transition Plan . • Recruit, train, and co-ordinate volunteers. • Conduct relevant in-house training for school staff, parents and caregivers. • Develop and review department and related policies in conjunction with the management. • Assist in the development and management of the budget, stock-take and control of inventory
• Bachelor Degree in Social Work or Graduate Diploma in Social Work.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in social service sector. • Registered Social Worker (RSW) with the Singapore Association of Social Workers is preferred.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
Preferred achievements / characteristics
• Reliable, responsible and show high level initiative
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.