( Job No : JOB-2021-01993 )
Adults & Families
Children & Youth
Oikos Community @ Sengkang
Oikos Community at Sengkang is a social service agency providing support to the low-income families and their children in Sengkang. We run the child mentoring programme for primary school going children and other services for the family.
About The Role
• Provide administrative support such as preparing payment vouchers, invoices, petty cash claims, etc.
• Maintain proper records of payments and purchase of vouchers. • Liaise with volunteers, children and parents on the children mentoring programme. • Maintain the volunteer database and follow up with volunteers to ensure that their progress reports are up to date. • Organize volunteer meetings. • Gather regular feedback from volunteers to improve the programme. • Organize outings for families and children • Set up the rooms for weekly sessions, arranging chairs and tables. • Conduct outreach visits to families with children. • Maintain proper recording of visits and submit reports to external agency. • Any other duties assigned. Working hours 2.5 days work week Monday: 9 to 6pm Tuesday: 5 to 9:30pm Thursday: 9 to 6pm
• Diploma holder
• Good spoken and written English . • Able to communicate in Mandarin . • Proficient in MS office, Google Forms and Google Drive . • Relevant experience in working with volunteers, children and families • Able to conduct home visits in the evening when required.
• Passion in serving the less privileged
• Good communication skills • Able to work independently with minimum supervision • Meticulous and pay attention to details
Preferred achievements / characteristics
Positive attitude in learning and open to receive feedback
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.