( Job No : JOB-2020-00862 )
Movement for the Intellectually Disabled of Singapore (MINDS)
Movement for the Intellectually Disabled of Singapore (MINDS) - 802 Margaret Drive
We are the largest Voluntary Welfare Organization in the intellectual disability sector with 17 Centres and 4 MOE Schools island wide. As part of our expansion plan, we are looking for dynamic individuals to join us
About The Role
• Assistant to develop, plan, implement, monitor and evaluate the project and ensure the objectives of the project are delivered within specified time-frames as per the funding agreement.
• Collaborate with people with IDD and relevant stakeholders (e.g., families and associated professionals) and partners (DSA(S), MINDS and external consultants) to co-design and co-develop the project training module and delivery. • Coordinate and manage tasks related to the project, such as budgeting; attendance records; maintaining progress reports or organizing activities associated with the project. • Assist the participants during the project activities and ensure their safety and well-being. • Guided by Head, MI and ED DSA(S), the Assistant Trainer will network and collaborate with external stakeholders and partners to promote and share the project activities and outcomes. • Co-create platforms for collaboration with clients, caregivers, staff and stakeholders to raise the level of empowerment and self-advocacy of persons with IDD (e.g. community engagement, graduate activities, etc.). • Develop self-advocacy modules based on action research methodology with a final product that can be shared with other interested organizations. • Any other duties assigned by Reporting Officer.
• High level of written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate with a range of stakeholders from policy, practice or education perspectives.
• Proficient in creative tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator) will be an added advantage
• Demonstrated capacity to deliver training to people, or willingness to work with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities
• Demonstrated project management skills and ability to deliver outcomes within tight time-frames. • Good teamwork and interpersonal skills.
Preferred achievements / characteristics
Improving others' lives through your work. Let's get connected and have a chat.
email@example.com What is it like working at MINDS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kewsCu1lTM8&feature=youtu.be
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.